In the wholesaling world, there are only 3 ways to get a deal: you can buy them through marketing and advertising, you can wait for them to find you (through referrals), or you can be proactive and reach out to distressed property owners. Today’s guest chose the last option and we’ll hear how amazingly things turned out for him.
TJ Cotton is a phenomenal rhino from Charlotte, North Carolina. While many new wholesalers don’t find deals until they are a few months in, TJ found his very first deal in just a month! What’s even more amazing is he earned $25,000 from said deal!
If you’re a new wholesaler who’s still trying to find your way around, today’s episode can be a wonderful source of information and wisdom for you. TJ not only shared the steps he took to find a lucrative deal, he also shared the preparations he did before he jumped into wholesaling full time.
Awesome wholesaling gold nuggets in today’s episode, so don’t miss it!
- Why it’s recommended to have at least 6 months worth of reserves before going all in
- Why it pays to act like you’re broke when you first start out
- How he started getting deals
- The importance of having a mentor
- List where he found his first deal from
- What tax delinquent means
- What he did to establish a great connection and rapport with the seller
- How he communicated with the seller effectively
- Why he thinks it’s smarter to operate in larger markets than in smaller ones
- What his day looks like
- How people can get in touch with him
- His advice for people who are just starting out
- Wholesaling Inc – TTP
- Batch Skip Tracing (Code: TTP)
- DealMachine (Code: TTP)
- Call Motivated Sellers
- TJ on Instagram
- Mojo Dialer