One of the most common misconceptions people have when it comes to real estate is they need to be an expert before they can start. Today’s guest can attest it’s definitely not true.
In this episode, Tom interviewed expert real estate investor and coach, host of “Your Do Over” and “Epic Real Estate Investing,” podcasts, and author of the book “Do Over,” Matt Theriault.
From earning a 7-figure income, Matt once found himself earning just $7/hour bagging groceries. Fortunately, he was able to recreate the former life he enjoyed and achieve financial freedom through real estate (even though he knew nothing about it when he first started).
If you want to give real estate investing a try but unsure if you have what it takes, this episode is for you. Nothing like learning from someone who started from square one at 34 and successfully reclaimed the financial freedom he once enjoyed through real estate.
- How people with no money can start in the real estate industry
- What to do if you have no marketing budget
- What to search for when you’re using online classified ads
- The game-changing scripts he uses
- The importance of finding the seller’s motivation
- How he started making his money
- The most important question to ask the seller
- How to gauge how much to pay for a property
- Why knowing how much the buyer wants for the property is key
- Tips and tricks he recommends for those who are still starting out
- Resources/books he recommends for those who want to get in the real estate space
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Buying Real Estate Without Cash or Credit by Peter Conti and David Finkel
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Epic Real Estate Investing Podcast