Carlos Barrera is a new tribe member from Columbia, South Carolina. While he has worked as a loan officer and IT personnel, he has always been passionate about real estate. Initially, he wanted to get into rehabbing until he found out about wholesaling.
He joined the tribe September of 2017 and is now doing wholesaling full-time. Since joining, he has managed to close 3 deals and earned a total of $15, 000 in assignment fees! If you are looking for ways to close more deals in a shorter amount of time, this is one episode you can’t afford to miss!
Carlos acknowledges the importance of building good business relationships / friendships when doing wholesaling. In fact, one of the deals he got was from a friend on Facebook.
- A friend on Facebook reached out to him about a property in Newberry they would like him to purchase.
- The tenant left the property a mess so seller wanted to get rid of the property as soon as possible.
- Carlos was able to close the deal because he was able to solve the seller’s problem—seller wanted speed and Carlos was able to provide it!
Other Key Takeaways
- Why your network is your net worth
- Why giving 8% annualized with no points is ideal
- Why networking and communicating with friends is key
- Why you always need to negotiate the price no matter what
- Why solving the right problem is crucial in wholesaling
- The importance of thoroughly and strategically weighing your options
- Why consistency is important in marketing
- Books Carlos recommends
- TTP Cold Calling Training
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
- Casa Baratas Facebook Page
- Casa Baratas en las Carolinas Facebook Page